Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How did my Vitiligo develop?

So.... I wrote that "I noticed a small white-ish areas on my face"
but I just remembered, it was kinda slightly pink-ish and it itched.
It kinda felt like when you were bitten by a mosquito , but just not swollen.
I totaly forgot about that.

On some areas, the Vitiligo/white spots just gradually appeared without the itchy feeling.
(like the one near my lips)
But the one near my left cheekbone, was pinkish and itchy for days. --> this is the area where I first started Vitiligo when I was 15.

Then a few months ago, the one around my eye was itchy, but not pink-ish, and it started developing Vitiligo on the itchy area.
And when my top left eyelash turned white, it started with itching for a few days, or maybe around 1,5 weeks or more, I don't remember. But when the area turned white, the itching goes away.

I think I've once searched around the internet looking for other people's experiences when they first started to develop Vitiligo on their skin.
Some people just had it right after a trauma to the skin (after falling down, or a cut or bruise, etc)
Some people do experience itchiness also.

I'd like to emphasize that stress is also a big factor in Vitiligo, mine was triggered mostly by stress, so I must find a way to live a stress-free healthy happy Life :)

1 comments:

Rhyanna said...

My vitiligo developed when i was a baby after i went through serious surgery. It started with white patches on my back, and now i have them over my eyebrows. HI am lucky that the ones on my face are quite dull. I take care to wear suncream in high uv times and have not had any new patches in years. I definately agree with you about it being stress-related. :)